Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Money Machine 2023

Recently I had a conversation with one of my favorite clients. She's had her life insurance with me for a few years. I've tried to convince her that she needs some disability insurance, as she is single and lives alone. No kids and no one else to help her pay the bills. As a self-employed person, her income is above average. She was hesitant, mostly due to the premium payment.

"Let me ask you a question," I said. "But first, I want you to think about your annual income. Get that number in your head."

"Okay, I have the number," she said. "What next?"

"Now imagine that you have a small machine in your house that prints money." A smile crossed her face as she thought about it. "Every year that machine prints the same amount of money as your income." She was curious. "My question for you is would you insure that machine?"




She sat up and said, "Well, yeah. It's printing my income. That's a lot of money!" That's when it hit her.

"You're the machine," I said. "And if you, as a machine, break or go offline and can't work, you won't be able to pay your bills."

She completed that application that day. And she gave me a few referrals as well. Thanks, money machine! Let us help you insure your paycheck. 



Chris Castanes is the president of Surf Financial Brokers, as well as a professional speaker helping sales people be more productive and efficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment