For several months now I have spent a large amount of my time on marketing (or learning to market) our website. I'm realizing that there is a huge learning curve when it comes to getting your message out on social media sites. In this journey for knowledge, there have been times when I have found a new workaround or app that my own social media guy was unaware of.
With all of that in mind, several of my friends and team members and I kicked around some ideas. After identifying who we think our main competitor is (we'll call them "XYZ"), we took the time to look at their site. We discovered that there were several differences, such as
- On our site you get your quote* immediately. With XYZ, you will be contacted by an agent (or several). This is because...
- They sell your name to an agent as a "lead". And it may not just be one agent who gets your information. Several agents may call you. On the other hand...
- We will contact you to see if you have questions, but all of your information stays with us.
- We have other products, such as cancer, accident and hospital indemnity insurance plans that can help you with out of pocket expenses when you or a family member becomes ill.
- If you like your quote, you can even start an application! We will get a notification that you have started an application and will reach out to you (via email or phone call) to assist you through the underwriting process.
Thanks and please stay healthy!
*Quotes are estimates based on information you submit and final rates are subject to underwriting requirements.
Chris Castanes is the president of Surf Financial Brokers, helping people find affordable life, disability, long term care, cancer, accident and other insurance coverages in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia. He's also is a professional speaker helping sales people be more productive and efficient, and has spoken to professional and civic organizations throughout the Southeast. And please subscribe to this blog!