Friday, May 22, 2020

Another Real Life Story For DIAM

As it is still May and still Disability Insurance Awareness Month (DIAM) I wanted to share yet another story and testimonial from someone whose life was greatly impacted due to a disability.

When Scott Rider was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease at just 47, the life he once knew as a financial advisor and avid runner changed forever. His family's lifestyle didn’t have to change thanks to disability insurance.



I love working with clients who figure things out without me having to explain them. Several years ago I was helping a local business owner with his life and disability insurance. He said, "You know, if I die my family will bury me and have life insurance to move on with their lives. But if I get disabled and can't work, then I'm a burden. I'm not able to contribute and someone is going to have to take care of me. And that's going to cost money, either by paying someone to help me, or in lost income."  

He got it. He understood the importance of having a disability policy and knew how devastating it could affect his family if he was permanently disabled. And the money would come from an insurance company, not his savings account or his spouse's income.

Let us help you plan for those unforeseen landmines that can get in the way of your family's financial goals. 

Chris Castanes is the president of Surf Financial Brokers, as well as a professional speaker helping sales people be more productive and efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment